Here are types of damages that are typically asked for in legal claims:
- Medical costs that include current and future expenses for doctor visits, hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medical devices and equipment, pharmaceutical and over-the-counter drugs and more
- Reimbursement for incidental expenses, including for mileage to and from medical visits, bus or taxi fares to get to doctors’ offices and parking fees at appointments
- Property damage
- Payment for time lost at work while recuperating from injuries
- Lost earning capacity when a person’s ability to work is limited or they cannot work at all
- Pain and suffering for physical pain and emotional distress and trauma
- Compensation for disfigurement, lost limbs or permanent disabilities.
HOW WE DETERMINE COMPENSATION FOR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS
In personal injury cases, compensation is based upon the severity of damages people experience. Generally, the worse a person is injured, the higher their damages.
The degree of negligence involved in an accident or other incident is another factor in deciding what a claim may be worth. In some cases when an at-fault party’s actions were especially negligent, punitive damages can be asked for. Punitive damages are intended to punish negligence and discourage future similar behavior.
WHAT IS YOUR CLAIM WORTH? OUR PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY WILL REVIEW YOUR CASE AND ADVISE YOU.
No two personal injury claims are the same. What your claim might be worth depends on all the unique factors involved. Settlements and awards have a wide range. Some are in the thousands of dollars while others reach into the millions. Once we learn about your case, we will advise you about what your claim may be worth. Call our personal injury attorneys today at (205) 322-3663 to set up a free case evaluation.