Birmingham Product Liability Attorney
Defective Product Claims in Alabama
We live in an innovative age. Each year the Patent and Trademark Office issues 150,000 patents for inventions to individuals and companies in the United States. As these products make their way onto the marketplace, the cost for designing, manufacturing, testing and marketing the products is included within the price.
Although the average consumer has the reasonable expectation that the product he pays for will not harm him in any way, unfortunately this is sometimes not the case. Each year thousands of children and adults are harmed due to unsafe or defective toys, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, industrial equipment, household items and other manufactured products.
Holding a Manufacturer Responsible for Unsafe Products
Consumers who are injured due to an unsafe product have the right to hold manufacturers responsible for the unsafe products that harm them. The consumer can also sue if the manufacturer fails to provide a warning about a non-obvious product hazard.
If you have been seriously injured by a defective or faulty product in Alabama, call the Wininger Law Firm, LLC. Our attorneys have an in-depth knowledge of Product Liability Law, and can vigorously advocate for you against a large manufacturer.
We can pursue a product liability claim for you on one of the following legal theories:
- Defective Product Design – the product was designed in a useless or dangerous manner, or is unreasonably dangerous for its intended use
- Manufacturing Defect – the material used to make the product is shoddy or of poor quality, or workmanship is poor
- Failure to Warn – when the manufacturer knew of a defect but failed to provide instructions or warnings about a potential risk
Defective product claims are not confined to everyday household products. If you receive an injury at work due to defective industrial equipment, tools, or manufactured products, we can help you with your claim.
We help clients and their families receive compensation in injury and wrongful death cases for the following types of defective products:
- Airless paint spray guns
- Motor Vehicles – recalled cars, SUVs and trucks, restraints, airbags, tires, brakes
- ATVs and Dirt bikes – flaws in the steering assembly, throttle, tires, fuel system
- Drugs/Pharmaceutical Products – recalled prescription drugs
- Children and Nursery Products – hazardous lead toys, car seats, cribs, strollers
- Household Items – heaters, pourable gel fuel, power tools, smoke detectors
- Manufacturing Equipment – bulldozers, forklifts, boilers, saws, lathe machines
- Medical Devices – hernia mesh patches, hip implants, cochlear implants
- Farm Equipment – tractors, bailers, harvesters, augers and plows
Call a Defective Product Liability Attorney in Birmingham Today
You may receive compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, loss of future earnings, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and for emotional distress. We do not charge up front fees for legal services. We are only paid if we are successful in winning a settlement or lawsuit for you.
Please call 888.808.INJURY to schedule a free accident or injury case evaluation with a Birmingham product liability attorney.